[ag-automation] RBF filesystem

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 22:20:33 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have just built and installed the RBF filesystem module.  The system is
running Ubuntu 8.04 in 32-bit mode and the kernel version is 2.6.24.  The
build went fine and the module loads without complaint.

I am not having much success in trying to mount images of Tandy CoCo 6809
OS-9 diskettes, however.  I tried:

$ mount -t rbf -o loop,sector=256,verbose /tmp/disk.dsk /mnt

It comes back with this on the console:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
        dmesg | tail  or so

and in the kernel log:

Oct 19 14:25:52 u32 kernel: [368834.785845] No RBF filesystem on loop0 \
    (magic=00000000)

Yet, this image is valid.  If I dd it to a diskette I can read it on the
target hardware.  Also, third party tools such as 'toolshed' handle it
perfectly (read directory, copy files in and out, etc.)

Do you have any advice?

Steve