[ag-automation] Latest Stable OSADL-Kernel not SMP-safe ?

Claus Gindhart claus.gindhart at kontron.com
Wed Oct 15 16:03:36 CEST 2008

Robert,

i have tested the ThinkIO-Duo BIOS against the linuxfirmwarekit R3.

In fact, it claimed a problem in the HPET entry (The HPET was defined in 2
different locations in the ACPI-Table).
For Linux dmesg, this is absolutely o.k, but the firmwarekit says
"HPET 0xFED00000 address busy" when it detects the 2nd entry.
Also other systems, for example my development notebook, show exactly the same
behaviour.

Anyway: We fixed this table in a way, such that now firmwarekit is satisfied
and doesnt claim any HPET fails any more. But this had absolutely no
influence on the problem.

Cyclictest still hangs up, if started in multi-threaded mode

Best regards,
Claus Gindhart