[ag-automation] Antwort: Re: OSADL I/O Framework demonstrator

Michael.Kremer at homag.de Michael.Kremer at homag.de
Thu Mar 1 14:16:05 CET 2007

Dear Robert,

> Great to see some activity! Could you please add the openoffice sources
> for this document to the OSADL svn?
>
> https://www.osadl.org/svn/osadl/software/fieldbus-framework/documentation
>
> could be the right place.
I'll try to come up with an openoffice version - I used "another appl." so
far :-)

> > The software for the I/O framework should run on a conventional PC
> > with no special/extra hardware (like e.g. vendor specific PCI cards
> > for fieldbus integration).
>
> So if I understand you correctly, profinet and ethercat masters work
> with a standard network card and don't require a specialized hardware?
Yes, Profinet _RT_ and EtherCAT do.

> Nevertheless, I vote for using an industrial PC with standard PCI slots
> which can be easily mounted to a demonstrator backplane; we will most
> probably add more components like CAN cards, netX PCI boards etc to the
> system, so some free slots may be a good thing.
Ok, although Homag, in its new controller concept (power control V2.0),
follows the strategy
that no additional hardware is integrated in the PC. This allows us to
seperate consumer hardware
with relativ short life time cycle from producers good with a longer life
time cycle.

> Or maybe there is another idea ... Would you hardware vendors sponsor
> some machines for the OSADL demonstrator?

We should be able to provide some components like e.g. bus clamps or
drives.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Kind regards

Michael Kremer

Entwicklung Software-Plattform
Tel.: +49 7443 13-3049
Mobile: +49 151 18055850
Fax: +49 7443 13-8 2649

Michael.Kremer at homag.de

Homag Holzbearbeitungssysteme AG
Aktiengesellschaft mit Sitz in D-72296 Schopfloch, Homagstraße 3 - 5; Registergericht Stuttgart HRB 440352
Vorstand: Dr. Joachim Brenk (Sprecher), Achim Gauß, Andreas Hermann, Herbert Högemann, Rolf Knoll
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gerhard Schuler