[ag-automation] Antwort: Re: OSADL I/O Framework demonstrator

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Thu Mar 1 15:04:41 CET 2007

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 02:16:05PM +0100, Michael.Kremer at homag.de wrote:
> I'll try to come up with an openoffice version - I used "another
> appl." so far :-)

It would be a shame not to follow the OSADL standard document formats,
after that long flamewar where everybody had to say something ;)

> > Nevertheless, I vote for using an industrial PC with standard PCI
> > slots which can be easily mounted to a demonstrator backplane; we
> > will most probably add more components like CAN cards, netX PCI
> > boards etc to the system, so some free slots may be a good thing.
>
> Ok, although Homag, in its new controller concept (power control
> V2.0), follows the strategy that no additional hardware is integrated
> in the PC. This allows us to seperate consumer hardware with relativ
> short life time cycle from producers good with a longer life time
> cycle.

Note that the OSADL fieldbus framework has to support not only the Homag
strategy but also what the rest of the universe is doing :-)

> > Or maybe there is another idea ... Would you hardware vendors
> > sponsor some machines for the OSADL demonstrator?
>
> We should be able to provide some components like e.g. bus clamps or
> drives.

Great! And I suppose you are the expert in brettle technology? :-)

Robert
--
     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9