[ag-automation] Patch for Linux kernel 3.2.0-rc6

Søndergaard. Jens Aksel JensAkselS at TeeJet.com
Thu Feb 2 15:37:29 CET 2012

Hi.

I am working on a system based on the AM3517 Cortex A8 processor from TI (OMAP3). My Linux kernel version is 3.2.0-rc6 and I consider to apply the RT patch "patches-3.2.0-rc6-rt9".

The latest stable RT patch is however only for linux-2.6.33.7 according to https://www.osadl.org/Realtime-Linux.projects-realtime-linux.0.html. Downgrading the kernel version is not really an option for me.

Could you please explain "how stable" patch patches-3.2-rc6-rt9 is? Is this patch considered safe/ready for a production systems? When will a stable patch be released for 3.2.0?

Regards Jens Aksel