[ag-automation] hard rt ????

Carsten Emde Carsten.Emde at osadl.org
Wed Jun 20 20:55:14 CEST 2007

David,

> i downloaded cyclictest.c, header, and makefile from the git website
> and complied it; however when i run the application as described
> below it freezes the machine.
Oops - 2.6.19-rt15 was already pretty stable. Anyway. please update to
2.6.21.5-rt17.

If your system still freezes, enable Alt-SysReq either by
   # echo 1 >/proc/sys/kernel/sysrq
or by editing /etc/sysctl.conf
   kernel.sysrq = 1

Test the SysReq function: Press RightAlt + SysReq + H.

The SysReq key normally is labelled PrintScreen.and often the leftmost
key of the three keys to the right of F12. RightAlt + SysReq + H will
display a short help information. A frozen system can often be rebooted
using the sequence
RightAlt + SysReq + S   (Sync disks)
RightAlt + SysReq + U   (Unmount disks)
RightAlt + SysReq + B   (Reboot)

Prior to the SUB sequence you may try the various dump commands to get
some hints what the system is doing.

But I hope that all of this is not needed. If the system still freezes
and you got an idea what the system is doing, please post this
information along with the CPU type, output of lspci and kernel config.

	--cbe