[ag-automation] configuration concept for fieldbus stack

Dieter Hess d.hess at 3s-software.com
Thu Jul 5 12:25:00 CEST 2007

Hello,
It is a good idea to use a real-life fieldbus for validating the fddi and Modbus/TCP is a good start, because it is really simple and requires no low level driver, because it can directly use sockets.

Unfortunatly there is no description format for Modbus (not for the devices and not for the configuration) and we at 3S have right now also no definition.
But we want to develop a configuration for modbus anyway, so I can define a configuration schema.

As you might recognize  the configuration is passed to the fddi as datastructure (a device object with hierachical childs and each with a list of parameters). So I propose to define a general XML schema to describe a configuration and there is a fieldbus independent code to read a configuration stored in such a XML-file into a configuraion data structure.

So what I will do next is to define a general XML schema for fddi-configurations and Modbus "profile" for it. I would also write some code to read it into a data structure, but I don't know which XML-parser (just a simpe one) to use for this task.

Best regards

Dieter Hess

We software Automation.

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Dieter Hess
Geschäftsführer
Memminger Str. 151, DE-87439 Kempten
Fon +49-831-54031-0, Fax +49-831-54031-50

Email: d.hess at 3s-software.com
Web: http://www.3s-software.com

Besuchen Sie das CoDeSys Internet-Forum unter http://forum.3s-software.com/

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.Inf.Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner
Handelsregister:  Kempten HRB 6186
USt-IDNr. DE 167014915