[ag-automation] I/O Framework

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Sun Jan 21 14:23:32 CET 2007

Hi Hermann,

Nice to see you onboard again ;) And nice to see that somebody on this
blackhole type mailing list seems to actually read my mails :-)

On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 12:18:38PM +0100, Hermann Betz wrote:
> maybe it is interesting for your work on the I/O framework how we
> bring configuration information to our automation systems.

Yea, real-life examples are always a good thing!

> We use this since years and during this time we was always able to
> integrate the different I/O systems of our customers.

Do you have an example for a more complex device, e.g. something like a
motion controller? Might be good as a corner case on the opposite end of
what we have to support.

> I add a simple example with configuration of a Wago I/O clamp block
> connected by CanOpen an two I/O cards holding two digital inputs and
> two digital outputs. There are two flavors of the configuration. On
> as a keyword based description language and one in XML format.

Well, it's not actually XML, but XML with keyword based content :-) I'll
check how that fits into what we have and post a merged example soon.

Thanks,
Robert
--
     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9