[ag-automation] [LiveCD] Realtime Preemption

Jan Altenberg tb10alj at tglx.de
Mon Feb 20 12:58:12 CET 2006

Hi,

> Doing some tests and measurements?

Yes, the basic idea is to do some tests and measurements.
I was inspired by the RTAI-LiveCD of Panagiotis Issaris. If someone is
interested in a realtime capable kernel, he could insert the LiveCD,
which will run some tests and display the results (and maybe upload them
to a database...).

> My interest is getting an OSADL compliant (whatever it is or it will
> be) realtime Linux on embedded plattforms like Freescale MPC5200 or
> Intel PXA270. Would a LiveCD help?

At the moment, I'm working with x86 based platforms only...
So the first version of the LiveCD would be designed to work for those
platforms. If anybody's interested in a port for another platform, it
would be great, if he would join this project and contribute a port.

kind regards
Jan Altenberg