[ag-automation] [LiveCD] Realtime Preemption

Bodo Huber B.Huber at phytec.de
Mon Feb 20 11:48:29 CET 2006

Uups, same to me...

So i still wonder about the idea of a rt-preempt LiveCD. Is it to fiddle
with this particular approach of realtime under Linux? Doing some tests and
measurements?

My interest is getting an OSADL compliant (whatever it is or it will be)
realtime Linux on embedded plattforms like Freescale MPC5200 or Intel
PXA270. Would a LiveCD help?

Best regards
Bodo Huber
Chief Technology Officer
Vice Chairman
PHYTEC Messtechnik GmbH
Robert-Koch-Str. 39
55129 Mainz
Germany
Tel:+49-6131-9221-0
Fax:+49-6131-9221-33
http://www.phytec.de

             Jan Altenberg
             <tb10alj at tglx.de>
             ag-automation-bou         ag-automation at lists.osadl.org,
             nces at lists.osadl.         tglx at linutronix.de
             org                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
             20.02.2006 11:43          [ag-automation] [LiveCD] Realtime
                                       Preemption

Hi,

sorry for posting my first email in german ;-)
I just wanted to discuss the idea of an "OSADL-LiveCD" (based on a
rt-preempt patched kernel). Any ideas for the design and the
implementation for such a LiveCD are welcome.

I would take the responsibility for the Maintaining of this project, but
I need some more people, who are interested in doing some active work on
a LiveCD.

best regards
Jan Altenberg