[ag-automation] Interrupt at new full second for measurement with an oscilloscope.

Tim-Benjamin.Rapp at de.trumpf.com Tim-Benjamin.Rapp at de.trumpf.com
Fri Mar 8 14:28:55 CET 2013

Hello,

I'm working on a project to synchronize the system time between two network devices by using the PTP-protocol (ptpd). Both device s are running the rt-kernel 3.2.30-rt45cpx+. This works fine (I think). But I want to verify the synchronization and the jitter.

After consideration I think the only possible way to acknowledge a precise measurement using an oscilloscope is to send a signal to a D-I/O pin from each pc and compare the signals. But this should be timed to change the state to high or low on the exact full second. I think it's called Pulse per Second (PPS)?!

My approach is to create a small C program that throws an Signal/Interrupt on a new second by using timer. But I'm stuck on this.

All timers I created are relative to the creation not absolute to the system time synchronized by ptp.

If anybody could give me a hint would be great ? Or does anyone have implemented something similar and could show me an example?

Best regards

p.p. Tim-Benjamin Rapp
Software Development

TRUMPF Laser GmbH + Co. KG
Aichhalder Strasse 39
78713 Schramberg
Germany
Phone: +49 7422 515-8456
Tim-Benjamin.Rapp at de.TRUMPF.com
www.trumpf-laser.com

TRUMPF Laser GmbH + Co. KG, Schramberg, Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRA 480785
Unlimited Liability Partner: Laser Verwaltungs-GmbH, Schramberg, Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 480880
Managing Board: Dr. rer. pol. Lars Grünert, Dr. rer. nat. Klaus Wallmeroth