[ag-automation] OSADL Latest Stable

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Wed Sep 19 09:49:30 CEST 2012

Hi,

as you might know, we are packaging the RT Preempt kernel for Debian.
Until now, we also packaged the version which was declared as "OSADL
Latest Stable". Since some time, this page suggests that the information
about "latest stable" is now only accessible for OSADL members:

https://www.osadl.org/Latest-Stable-Realtime.latest-stable-realtime-linux.0.html

Which was also noticed by our automatic script which finds out if
something needs to be re-packaged:

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 07:42:01AM +0200, Pengutronix Sisyphus Druid wrote:
> failed to get version of osadl latest stable from website

So I'd like to learn about the official position of OSADL for this
topic: is the information about "latest stable" now considered secret
"member-only" information?

If yes:

- we would have to stop packaging "latest stable" in order not to
  disclose confidential information

- As soon as this happens, we will be confronted with questions from the
  Open Source community regarding the status of the OSADL Lastest Stable
  kernel, e.g. why an Open Source organisation hides information from
  the public.

Could we get an official, public statement for our website about this
issue?

Best regards,
Robert Schwebel