[ag-automation] Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] 3.0-rt1

Carsten Emde C.Emde at osadl.org
Sat Jul 23 08:57:01 CEST 2011

Dear subscribers of the ag-automation list,

the below forwarded email has excellent and important news: The initial
version (rt1) of the PREEMPT_RT patch for Linux 3.0 is now available -
less than 24 hours after the release of the related mainline kernel!
That doesn't mean that it can go straight forward into production, but
this patch is very stable and only has minor known issues. It probably
is the most stable -rt1 we ever had. In the near future, we will upgrade
most QA farm systems to this kernel to provide long-term stability and
latency data. When stabilized, it will become our next "Latest Stable"
real-time kernel. Some details with respect to the merge progress, to
the size and to the components of this RT patch are given in a recent
OSADL News Article ->
https://www.osadl.org/Single-View.111+M5ed3759de21.0.html.

Let me take this opportunity - once again - to say thank you to Thomas
Gleixner, Peter Zijlstra and all other contributors who are pushing the
envelope to turn Linux into a hard real-time operating system. Your work
is highly appreciated by all of us.

	-Carsten.