[ag-automation] [ANNOUNCEMENT] PREEMPT_RT Patch 2.6.29.4-rt17 is now our "Latest Stable"

Carsten Emde Carsten.Emde at osadl.org
Thu Jun 11 12:15:31 CEST 2009

Dear List Member,

We are glad to announce that the "Latest Stable" [1] version of
real-time mainline Linux (aka PREEMPT_RT) is now based on kernel version
2.6.29. It contains, of course, all upgrade changes and improvements of
the vanilla 2.6.29 kernel that have been published earlier [2]. In
addition, the responsiveness of the kernel was improved further,
particularly in the context of sending and receiving signals. More
details are available in a recent News Article on the OSADL website [3]
titled "Mainline Realtime Linux (PREEMPT_RT) 2.6.29 declared 'Latest
Stable'". Many thanks to Thomas Gleixner and all the other contributors
to make this happen!

Best regards,

Carsten Emde.

[1]