[ag-automation] XUM - Xenomai User's Meeting

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 21 16:05:12 CEST 2009

[Sorry if you recieved this twice; I posted this information before
in the Xenomai groups as a reply in thread "RT_PREEMPT patch and
other things...", but this did not catch some of the potentially
interested eyes, so here it goes again.]

We at DENX are trying to organize something like a "Xenomai User's
Meeting" at this year's Real-Time Linux Workshop (September 28 to 30,
in Dresden, Germany).

If you are already using Xenomai in your projects, or if you are
using other real-time solutions and interested to learn what Xenomai
has to offer: please come to the RTLWS to Dresden, and please let me
know about it. My dream is that as many as possible give a short
(2...5 minutes is sufficient) presentation of their project: how long
they've been using Xenomai, on which platform, what their area of
business is, eventually what their project is about, success stories,
what you like about Xenomai, where you ran into problems, what is
still missing in Xenomai to make it even easier to use for you, etc.
etc...

We don't have a formal agenda yet as we are  still  trying  to  reach
some critical mass, but so far we have:

Some Xenomai / Adeos related presentations have already been
submitted (though I don't know about acceptance, schedule or the
like):

* Philippe Gerum
  will give a presentation about Xenomai's Roadmap

* Richard Cochran, OMICRON electronics GmbH, and
  Gilles Chanteperdrix, xenomai.org
  will talk about "ARM Fast Context Switch Extension for Linux"

* Rene Graf, Siemens AG
  Manfred Neugebauer, Siemens AG
  Wolfgang Hartmann, Siemens AG
  will present "Transparent real time behavior, a new approach"

* Daniel Rossier and Patrick Gerber,
  both Reconfigurable Embedded Digital Systems, HEIG-VD/HES-SO, Switzerland,
  present "Colibri-in-Motion: embedded virtualization technics
  devoted to hard realtime control"

* Peter Soetens, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven and
  Markus Klotzbücher, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
  talk about "Real Time Toolkit for Open Robot Control Software"

Some other well-known Xenomai experts like Jan Kiszka promised to
come, too.

I know that many people from many companies read this list and use
Xenomai in their projects, often without ever activly participating
in the discussions here. Come together at RTLWS! That's the chance to
see who else is doing the same, and to match faces to names.

See http://www.osadl.org/Dresden-2009.rtlws11-dresden-2009.0.html for
details, and/or contact me in case of questions, suggestions, or if
you have an abstract for a presentation (yes, the deadline is already
past, but I'll try to help).

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Severe culture shock results when experts from another protocol suite
[...] try to read OSI documents. The term "osified" is used to  refer
to  such  documents. [...] Any relationship to the word "ossified" is
purely intentional.                                - Marshall T. Rose