[ag-automation] [ANNOUNCE] Call for Participation for OSADL Fieldbus Framework

Peter Soetens peter.soetens at fmtc.be
Thu Jun 12 16:32:01 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 11 June 2008 15:07:57 Robert Schwebel wrote:
> In order to gain momentum, I think it is necessary to bring significant
> critical mass behind this project. Recently, the OSADL Supervisory Board
> has agreed that "mixed founded projects" will be made possible under the
> leadership of OSADL; we see this as a viable model for the framework.

'Mixed founded': Does this mean that both OSADL and third parties fund a given
project ? Need the third parties to be OSADL members ? Are there details
available on the definition of this new model ?

> To coordinate the activities, here is a short poll which will give us an
> impression about who is interested in the fieldbus framework project:
>
> [x ] yes, I am / my company is interested in the fieldbus framework
> [ ] no, I am / we are not interested
>
> If yes:
>
> [ ] our company might want to participate in a mixed founded project
> [ x] our company might want to be part of the development team

Note: our contribution is limited to 2008 and limited to 80 mandays. However,
we're working already on a similar, but minimalistic, implementation, for
dedicated point-to-point communication in embedded systems. So we're spending
time already...

Remote - Peter Soetens - peter.soetens at fmtc.be

Peter

--