[ag-automation] network problem with 2.6.21.6-rt21

M.Voss at wzl.rwth-aachen.de M.Voss at wzl.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Nov 26 11:29:38 CET 2007

Hi again,

after the installation of the rt21 did not succeed on the openSuSE 10.3 on
an older 1.4 GHz celeron hardware I tried the installation now on
completly new hardware (AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core) and openSuSE 10.2.
Again I followed the instructions on the OSADL-website in the
installation-how-to.

This time everything worked out fine so far... the system booted. I was
able to log in. The configuration of the network adapters looks as always,
it reveived it's IP from our DNS.

But when I try to open a website or even just do a ping, just nothing
happens. The ping even does not get a time out. It just waits forever
without any output on screen. The Konquerer also does not open any website
or get a timeout. Just nothing happens. I can successfully start any
program, use the konsole etc... but when it comes to using the network the
corresponding application just waits forever. It does not even hang. In
the Konqueror I can still open preference pages etc.

Anyone any idea?

Best regards,

Markus Voss

Dipl.-Inform. Markus Voss