[ag-automation] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Booting fails with 2.6.21.6-rt21

Juergen Beisert jbe at pengutronix.de
Thu Nov 22 16:20:13 CET 2007

On Thursday 22 November 2007 15:45, M.Voss at wzl.rwth-aachen.de wrote:
> Juergen Beisert <jbe at pengutronix.de> schrieb am 22.11.2007 15:28:14:
> > -> check if you provide all required drivers for your hardware in
> >    your "handmade" kernel
> >      -> SATA + SCSI + SCSI-HD
>
> If I you the same config-file as for my running SuSE, shouldn't then all
> required modules and drivers compile and install?

*Yes*, if your are using the same kernel version, *maybe* if you are changing
the version. :-)

>> -> check if your udev is correctly configured to create these unique
>> entries the script waits for.
>
> How do I do that?

Check /etc/udev/rules.d for a rule that tries to detect (identify) your
Maxtor_33073H3_L3HC4GBC.

This could looke like this:

KERNEL=="sd[a-z]2", SYSFS{idProduct}=="frieselfrasel",
SYMLINK+="disk/by-id/scsi_SATA_Maxtor_33073H3_L3HC4GBC-part2"

"frieselfrasel" should identify your harddisk (you can check it
with "udevinfo -a -p /sys/block/<your harddisk entry>", something unique here
should identify your HD). Note: There are several ways to identify a device.
So the SYSFS{} is only an example.

Such a rule should be valid on your running system and in your initrd. If it
is not in your initrd, this SYMLINK will be never occur. You will get your
timeout...

BTW: The rule above *must* be the first one udev will find, when a sd[a-z]2
occur in the system! The first match wins!

Jürgen
--
Dipl.-Ing. Juergen Beisert | http://www.pengutronix.de
    Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686