[ag-automation] Booting fails with 2.6.21.6-rt21

M.Voss at wzl.rwth-aachen.de M.Voss at wzl.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Nov 22 10:00:57 CET 2007

Hi,

I have a running openSuSE 10.3 with original Kernel 2.6.22.12.

I compiled a new kernel (2.6.21.6) patched with the RT-Preempt patch
according to the Installation How-To an the OSADL-website. Everything
worked fine. Even a correct entry within the GRUB bootmanager has been
generated.

But when I now try to boot the new kernel it seems to have problems with
the hard disk. I get the following message:

"Waiting for device
/dev/disk/by-id/scsi_SATA_Maxtor_33073H3_L3HC4GBC-part2 to appear
 could not find scsi_SATA_Maxtor_33073H3_L3HC4GBC-part2"

After that message I get a question I can answer Y/N... whatever I type,
the booting stops and I end up in a shell.

Is this the right mailing list for this problem?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks and best regards,

Markus Voss

Dipl.-Inform. Markus Voss