[ag-automation] Problem reading RBF filesystem on SCSI disk

Carsten Emde Carsten.Emde at osadl.org
Wed Mar 21 19:37:40 CET 2007

Piotr,

> I tried to mount scsi disk with rbf filesystem under linux-2.6.20.
> It failed - see dmesg output at the end of message.
> [..]
> RBF Filesystem Version 0.60 (alpha)
Would you mind to check out version 0.63 that is available on the OSADL
download page? Admittedly, I don't think that this will fix the problem,
but just to make sure it does not.

The rbf file system supports both fixed and variable sector size file
systems. It has successfully been tested with RAM disk images of 256
(fixed sector size) and 512 (variable sector size) Bytes per sector. As
far as I know, however, nobody ever connected a hard disk to it.

Can you dd the disk image to a file, compress it and make it available?
It the image is too large, it may be sufficient to dd the boot sector
and the root directory. I will then try to reproduce the problem here
and to fix it.

	cbe