[ag-automation] FDDI (Fieldbus Device Driver Interface) Update

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Mon Jul 2 19:57:23 CEST 2007

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 08:13:59AM +0200, Ulrich Doll wrote:
> Robert Schwebel schrieb:
> >On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 11:48:20PM +0200, Robert "Ingrid" Schwebel wrote:
> >>The trunk based on that proposal is here, btw:
> >>
> >>	https://www.osadl.org/svn/osadl/software/fieldbus-framework/fddi-20070618-1-trunk
>
> Unfortunately, the links you mentioned seems to be password protected
> (OSADL website password does not work). Could you please provide your
> proposal in a way everybody has access to it?

Oh, sorry, I thought that the OSADL SVN server is the way we should do shared
development?

I can upload a snapshot to our website. Nevertheless, you should ask the
admin team for an account for the svn server.

Before posting something to the public, I'd like to discuss the license
of the code. My suggestion is to use GPL with link exception:

----------8<----------8<----------8<----------8<----------8<----------

LICENCING INFORMATION
---------------------

libfddi is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published by
the Free Software Foundation

libfddi is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU General Public License
for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
with libfddi; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59
Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA.

LINK EXCEPTION
--------------

For all source files required to build the libfddi library, which are
referenced by the term 'these files' in the following section. As a
special exception, if other files instantiate templates or use macros or
inline functions from these files, or you compile these files and link
them with other works to produce a work based on these files, these
files do not by themselves cause the resulting work to be covered by the
GNU General Public License. However the source code for these files must
still be made available in accordance with section (3) of the GNU
General Public License. This exception DOES NOT invalidate any other
reasons why a work based on these files might be covered by the GNU
General Public License.

Mr. Hess, is that variant ok for you?

Robert
--
     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9