[ag-automation] I/O framework group meeting at the Embedded World 2007

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Wed Feb 14 00:17:06 CET 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 12:53:21AM +0100, Carsten Emde wrote:
> Gerd Koenig wrote:
> > just a short question: is there already defined a date and time for the
> > next synchro meeting at the embedded world?
> Yes. The meeting of the I/O framework group will take place during the
> Embedded World Exhibition & Conference Nuremberg, Germany, on Tuesday,
> February 13, 2007, 17:00 to 19:00, at the OSADL booth (Hall 11/booth #306).

Short protocol:

- the high level group has discussed the different existing models
- we need to define the next steps

1) Demonstrator

Homag starts posting a part list proposal on ag-automation, for further
discussion. ETA: Really Soon Now (TM). The demonstrator will probably be
hosted in the PTX remotelab, with ssh accessability. Typical devices:
dump I/O, motion, x86, powerpc, arm.

2) High Level API

3S posts it's proposal for the high level API model, mostly to have a
start of discussion. ETA: 2007-03-15 (Hess).

3) High Level Model

It seems to be common agreement that the high level view is something
like Process Variable objects (value, name, min, max, unit, ...), plus a
grouping element ("this group of PVs belongs together"), plus events
("sleep and wakeup if something has happened"). N.N. might want to draw
nice UML pictures out of this :-)

Anything else I've forgotten?

Robert
--
     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9