[ag-automation] [ANNOUNCE] RTDM for Linux-rt

Carsten Emde Carsten.Emde at osadl.org
Fri Apr 13 01:23:17 CEST 2007

Wolfgang,

> Attached you can find a README on how to install and use RTDM-native and
> the current implementation status.
I couldn't stop my curiosity to see it working. So, I downloaded the
material from the repository and attacked linux-2.6.21-rc6-rt0 after
enabling everything available in the "Real-time subsystem". BTW:
Wouldn't it be less confusing to call this section differently? For
example "RTDM subsystem" or similar? Sorry, just a first thought - there
is so much real-time everywhere.

I then tried to build a new kernel. With a single exception, everything
compiled without warning. The exception was switchtest that refused to
build:

drivers/xenomai/testing/switchtest.c:1:27: error: nucleus/synch.h: No
such file or directory
drivers/xenomai/testing/switchtest.c:2:28: error: nucleus/thread.h: No
such file or directory
drivers/xenomai/testing/switchtest.c:5:32: error: asm/xenomai/fptest.h:
No such file or directory

After disabling it, all sources could be compiled without any further
problem. Linking xeno_rtdmtest.ko and xeno_16550A.ko, however, failed:
WARNING: "hrtimer_init_sleeper"
[drivers/xenomai/testing/xeno_rtdmtest.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "hrtimer_init_sleeper" [drivers/xenomai/serial/xeno_16550A.ko]
undefined!

I then disabled these two modules as well. The rest could be compiled
and linked smoothly. The kernel was able to boot and the modules
xeno_irqbench and xeno_can_virt could be loaded normally.

I then tried linux-2.6.20-rt8 - same situation as described above.

Will do some testing later. Anybody out there who would like to join the
RTDM-Native Testing Group?

	--cbe