[ag-automation] Fwd: [torvalds at osdl.org: Linux v2.6.18-rc1]

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Thu Jul 6 13:14:26 CEST 2006

Collegues,

Just in case you didn't notice, 2.6.18-rc1 is out and the Realtime
Preemption developers, lead by Ingo Molnar & Thomas Gleixner, have
pushed quite some issues into mainline. Linus Announcement shows that
the following topics (being important for our realtime activities)

- the generic IRQ layer
- lockdep
- support for priority inheritance mutexes
- the generic time keeping layer (clock event)

made it into the tree. Thomas told me yesterday that the next -rt patch
will be based on -rc1, so it is expected that there will be a major
patch size reduction once -rt1 is out.

Regards,
Robert

----- Forwarded message from Linus Torvalds <torvalds at osdl.org> -----