[ag-automation] Re: Technisches Meeting

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Mon Feb 27 12:57:29 CET 2006

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 04:49:52PM +0000, Bodo Huber wrote:
> Da ich am Technologie-Meeting bei 3S nicht teilgenommen habe, tue ich
> mich ein wenig schwer mit der Interpretation der einzelnen Punkte.

The paper is not a fixed thing, just the result from the initial
discussion. So if there are new aspects let's just modify it.

> Ich hätte jetzt einen Schwerpunkt im Bereich der
> Treiber-Implementierung gesucht, nachdem die Würfel bezüglich Realtime
> schon mehr oder weniger gefallen sind.

Drivers in general shouldn't be an OSADL topic, IMHO. If somebody wants
to learn about how to write a driver he has to participate in the kernel
community anyway. IMHO the OSADL should focus on the automation specific
frameworks, like...

> Uns würden der "Driver Guiedeline", die "CAN Driver Specification",
> die "Onboard I/O Specification" sowie das "Unified Input Output
> Framework" - zumindest nach meiner Interpretation - in der konkreten
> Arbeit weiterhelfen, weil derartige Dinge bei uns anstehen. Hätten wir
> eine Spezifikation, könnten wir unsere Arbeit daran ausrichten.

... this unified I/O stuff, which is one of the most central components
as it is related to quite some other topics on the list.

Dieter Hess wrote:
> Prio A:
> - OSADL Tread and Process Specification
> - OSADL Realtime Specification
> - OSADL Timed Execution Specification
>
> Prio B:
> - OSADL Certification Programs
> - OSADL Board Support Package Specification=20
> - OSADL Driver Guideline
>   OSADL CAN Driver Specification
>   OSADL Onboard I/O Specification
>   OSADL Profibus Specification
> - OSADL Unified Input Output Framework
>
> Prio C:
> - OSADL Virtual Platform for Realtime Linux
>
> Was ist hier genau der Inhalt?
> - OSADL Application Interoperability Specification
>
> Neu aufzunehmen:
> - OSADL Realtime Ethernet Access Specification

I thought that Unified I/O would be much higher priority for the
application side; in the end it's the framework which influenced the
whole driver stuff and also the fieldbus framework design.

Robert Schwebel
--
     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9