[ag-automation] [LiveCD] Realtime Preemption

Jan Altenberg tb10alj at tglx.de
Mon Feb 20 15:09:57 CET 2006

> Was the message you quoted here sent on the ag-automation list,  too?
>  I did not receive it yet...

Yes, it should have been sent to the list.

>> So the first version of the LiveCD would be designed to work for
>> those platforms. If anybody's interested in a port for another
>> platform, it would be great, if he would join this project and
>> contribute a port.
>

> I think just providing a "port" to any other platform / board is  not
>  sufficient.  The  whole  idea  of  having  a "LiveCD" is more or
> less rstricted to PC's or similar well standardized work
> environments.

Yes, I agree. The idea of a LiveCD only makes sense for generic
platforms...But my intention for a LiveCD ISN'T an "Ultimate
Test-Suite", which will work on every kind of hardware.
I only want to give unexperienced users the possibilty, to see how
RT-Preempt performs on their "standard/generic hardware". I think this
would be a good possiblity to spread out the RT-Preempt Patches to a
wider community.

kind regards
Jan Altenberg