[ag-automation] Re: Termin: JTWG Automation Meeting

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Tue Apr 18 14:39:33 CEST 2006

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 04:25:44PM +0200, Robert Schwebel wrote:
> Die Umfrage hat ergeben, daß wir am 24. die größte Übereinstimmung
> finden konnten.
>
> Somit trifft sich die OSADL Joint Technical Working Group Automation
> am Montag, dem 24.04.2006 im Konferenzraum der ISG[1] in Stuttgart.
> Beginn des Meetings ist 10:30 Uhr.

Please drop me a short note which persons will attend the meeting. The
agenda was made with technical & technical management people in mind.

> 10:30-12:30 Diskussion der OSADL Technologie-Roadmap
>
> Auf Basis des "Technological Outline" [2] wollen wir den Grundstein
> für die nächsten Schritte der Arbeitsgruppen-Aktivitäten legen. Dabei
> sollen aus den bisher eher grundsätzlichen Überlegungen konkrete Ziele
> und Projekte sowie Interessenten zur Mitarbeit an ebenjenen
> herausgearbeitet werden.

Please re-read the outline and think about your position wrt. the
different proposed standards:

- Is the list complete?

- Are there questions, can different topics be clarified? Please do this
  now, we can update the paper before the meeting in case things are
  unclear.

- What is your / your company's priority list?

We'll have to find out in which order things will be worked on. I would
like to see the morning part short and focussed, we'll have time to
discuss technological details in the afternoon. But before any work can
be done we'll have to agree on the _strategic_ aims and working order.

> ??:??-??-?? Ausarbeitung der Roadmap-Ziele
> in einer ausführlicheren Agenda zur Diskussion stellen.

How much time should we plan for this part? From our side (and we'll
probably have the longest journey) we should be finished not later than
6:00pm.

I hope that we especially can focus the realtime variants & drivers
topics here which have been brought up on the ag-automation list
recently.

Here's the conference location again:
http://www.isg-stuttgart.de/home.nsf/4fc0edd59f4da26ec12568db0049aa94/9a934f332d4f6a29c12568db0054a985/$FILE/anfahrt_detailiert.pdf

And here the current Technological Outline Paper:
http://www.osadl.org/documents/osadl-technological-outline_de.html

Regards,
Robert Schwebel
--
     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9