[ag-automation] neuer Mitleser

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Apr 10 11:46:35 CEST 2006

In message <20060410091417.GC2542 at pengutronix.de> you wrote:

> It is. The fact that you still support it commercially doesn't change
> the fact that the community is focussed on 2.6 these days and doesn't
> support 2.4 any more, and that for several years now.

I don't intend to start a religiuos war here. Just one fact to  prove
you wrong:

Linux 2.4.32 has been released less than 5  months  ago.  That's  not
"several years".

> Last time the statements from your website have been discussed on LKML,
> http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0603.1/index.html#1722
> there wasn't much activity from your side. Woudldn't it be a good idea
> to discuss performance problems there?

All what had to be said was pointed out by others. No need for me  to
repeat  this  yet  another  time.  And  also I don't waste my time on
people who say: "I didn't read their report, but it looks  they  have
something to sell, so better don't believe a word."

The issues are all well known to anybody who cares.  Some  have  been
addressed  (for  example, the clock tick is now configurable, and the
default is no longer 1000 Hz),  etc..  But  other  issues  (like  the
impact  of  code  size,  or  optimization for big server systems) are
still present.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get  us  in  trouble.
It's  the  things  we know that ain't so." - Artemus Ward aka Charles
Farrar Brown